HOW TO JOIN THE ORDER
HOW TO JOIN THE TEMPLAR ORDER
In its fundamental principles the Order refers to its very ancient prerogatives and origins, as far as they are applicable to a modern lay organization; therefore it is first of all important, wanting to become a part of it, to adopt and respect the principles indicated in the card below, read and approve the by-laws of the order and start a life journey in respect of these. More information can be obtained by filling out the form on the side to get in touch with the contact person who will respond with all the information requested.
Fill out the form and you will be contacted by our contact person
CHARTER OF FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLES
In its fundamental principles the Order refers to its very ancient prerogatives and origins:
- chivalrous, because it imposes on its members humility and respect, mutual help, full and disinterested solidarity with others;
- military, due to the hierarchical organization required, respect for superiors and the obligation of obedience;
- sovereign, out of respect for his past and for his capacity for self-regulation.
The Order is organized according to the principles adopted in 1118-1120 and above all starting from 1128, the year in which the Order received its Rule from the Council of Troyes.
The Order operates for the same purposes as the ancient Order of the Temple, filtered by experience and modified to take account of the existing civil social reality.
In particular the Order:
- it has no political or profit-making purposes;
- professes political, religious and expression freedom, without any distinction of sex, religion, culture or political or social extraction;
- intends to contribute to the formation of a civil society marked by peace among men, in which everyone can fully realize their own diversity,
- operates with transparency of intent, structures and resources that are not secret or hidden;
- rejects behavior that contradicts Christian values, common morals, the laws of each state in which it is present;
- interprets the transformation of the ancient "sword" cavalry into "spiritual" cavalry, favoring morality, intelligence, ecumenism, charity and all activities at the service of man in his individual and member of a community in evolution, respecting nature and all living beings.
Each Knight, a member of the Order, respects, under penalty of expulsion, the "Declaration of faith", sworn during the Templar investiture, in which all values and principles are clearly expressed.
NON NOBIS, DOMINE,
SED NOMINI TUO DA GLORIAM.